Kentucky Votes Forum

Discuss issues, ideas and legislation related to the Blue Grass State.
Welcome to Kentucky Votes Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post 03-16-2009 8:51 AM by XavierBrad. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-01-2001 12:00 AM

• admin
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-19-2008
    • Posts 65

2009 Senate Bill 68 (The Child Welfare Adoption Act)

Introduced in the Senate on February 5, 2009

Click here to view bill details.
  • 02-15-2009 2:56 AM In reply to

Re: 2009 Senate Bill 68 (The Child Welfare Adoption Act)

This legisation looks to be nothing but a legisation of hate.This is targeted legisation against gays.Lets hope legisation like this goes no where.We do not need elected officials that promote legisations and bills that promote hate in kentucky.

• 02-17-2009 4:48 PM In reply to

• D-Fens
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-23-2008
    • Posts 8

Please stop wasting my tax dollars legilating YOUR INDIVIDUAL morality on the Commonwealth.  Keep government out of ALL families.

• 02-20-2009 9:27 PM In reply to

It is disheartening at best to see legislation like this distracting us from two wars, a horrible economy and fewer and fewer funds for education.   I won't even comment on how ignorant legislation like this is.    Focus, legislators, focus!

• 02-26-2009 12:01 AM In reply to

Thank you Gary Tapp for introducing this bill. This will help insure all children will have a happy home life with a mother and father in a stable home. This is a bill that should have been introduced long before now. Children suffer everyday from only having one parent. Chidren should not suffer just because of an adults selfish needs. God planned for children to be brought up in a family with one mother and one father lets keep it that way.

• 02-26-2009 12:08 AM In reply to

This is not hate in Kentucky. Quit being so selfish that you can't see past that a child deserves a mother and a father in a stable home. Children should be able to grow up in homes were they see a father and a mother that are married and devoted to on another this will help them to have morals in theree life. If it takes legislators do do that for the children of Kentucky then they need to do what they are doing.

• 02-26-2009 10:09 AM In reply to

What I don't understand is how it could be considered that a child could have a more fulfilling and loving environment in an orphanage rather than with a loving family, whether it be unconventional.

I also agree with what was previously mentioned iluding to lawmakers focus during a trying time. This is not the time to be on a soap box pushing personal ideals into action, focus would be better served elsewhere!

• 02-28-2009 3:54 AM In reply to

• jarfly
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-28-2009
    • Posts 1

Every person who knows anything about this bill knows that it will absolutely have an effect on Kentucky's youth.  Most concerned about the welfare of the family concede that it will make the bonds of traditional family life more resilient than ever.  But, have those concerned citizens not considered the other aspects of a strong family life?  What of poverty, health care, alcoholism, drug addiction, sex abuse, and teenage pregnancy, just to name a few?  Do these things not have a major impact on families?  A lot of families in Kentucky live in poverty (I being from one of them), the health care and health education for most children are lacking (I have been uninsured for a good deal of my life), tons of drug rehabilitation and alcohol intervention programs exist in the state (many of my family members are recovering from drug addictions and alcoholism), and children are birthing children at an alarming rate (a cousin of mine had a child when she was 12-years-old).  I am a walking, breathing statistic of everything that may possibly go wrong with a family (except I am the only one of my siblings that wasn't felt up as a child).  Oh, and did I mention I'm gay?  The reality is that my orientation is neither a cause nor an effect of the problems facing my family.  Though, as an "abomination" I felt that that was the reality, going even so far as to consider conversion therapy (which, I might add, suppression is not the same as conversion).  So, if you think that gays will affect the family life, you are not alone.  But, when I came out to my parents there was a bond created of trust and understanding that was never there when I pretended to be straight.  I understand that I am horrible at putting things in a nutshell, but the reality is that no problem (not even those affecting this idea of a stable, traditional family) is isolated to something so small as a nut.  SB 68 will have a profound effect on the lives of Kentucky citizens, no doubt.  And, it does meet the requirements of a discriminatory bill.  By not allowing gay marriage (civil union), the law does discriminate against gays and lesbians as they have no opportunity of ever meeting that criteria.  It can proliferate the stereotype of gays and lesbians, allowing them to be seen as filthy "fudgepackers" and "rugmunchers" who cannot provide loving families for children (might I add that there seems to be a belief that gays and lesbians are synonymous with pedophiles?)  Some may assume that children will be taught to live the gay lifestyle (which is no different than a straight lifestyle -- i study way too much at college, exercise, play video games, watch movies, and talk bad about my professors when they give me a B, just like my straight friends -- except who I fall in love with).  As for those Gay, , Bisexual, and Transgendered youth in Kentucky who will always be born (and to straight couples, I might add), they will possibly join the 33% of their fellow peers who will attempt suicide (which is four times that of straight children).  So, I rest my case for the reason that SB 68 should not be passed in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.  If you have any questions, I will be sure to answer them.

Yours Truly,

Jarfly (Died: Fall 2003, Born: July 5, 2008)

• 03-04-2009 11:12 AM In reply to

If you believe that children should only be placed in foster or adoptive homes with two parents then you should oppose this bill, since it does nothing to prevent that from happening.

• 03-04-2009 11:15 AM In reply to

This bill does not ensure that children will be placed in homes with two parents.  Singles would still be able to foster or adopt as before.  You clearly do not know what this bill would do.  This bill harms children by eliminating qualified foster and adoptive parents from consideration, based on completely arbitrary and unfounded criteria.

• 03-09-2009 10:50 PM In reply to

Well, I have to concede that you’re right when it comes to the institution of marriage. The 50% divorce rate has proven that breeders are getting it right. I know when my dad got my mom pregnant that I was so thankful he left before I was born. He probably got lured away by a gay. They do that, you know.

So remind me what Jesus said about homosexuality. Directly, like, the exact words from the New Testament where he outlines the no-no of homosexuality. I tried to look for it earlier, but I can’t seem to find it.

Do you believe that all our destines are pre-authored? I think they refer to that as Calvinism, yes? And if you do, and you believe that what we are and what we do is pre-ordained by god, then do you think that God really screwed the pooch when it comes to saddling the gays with homosexuality? Because, I mean, if salvation is preordained, then certainly something like homosexuality must be also, right?

I don’t understand when people use phrases like “homosexual lifestyle” or “homosexual environment.” What is that, exactly? Is there a mirror ball, a glory hole, and a lot of self-loathing involved? It seems to me like the only difference between a homosexual couple and a herterosexual couple is an anatomical difference.

So do you believe that homosexuals don’t deserve to be happy and in a relationship where they can raise a child? And what is your basis for that? Is it that you believe a child will “become” gay if you put them with the gays? Sort of like how tofu takes on the flavor of whatever it is cooked with.

And I guess my last question is: do you know a gay couple? And I don’t mean casually cause there is a *** couple a few blocks over that I know of, but I don’t know them. And if you don’t know a gay couple now, have you ever? And could it possibly be that homosexuality is much more complex than some give it credit for? Well, sexuality in general for that matter, I believe, is much more complicated than what’s floppin’ ‘round in your pants.

Because I can’t think of anything worse than a gay couple raising a child. You do know that they eat their young, and they use baby’s blood in their pagan worship, oh, yeah, and you should never look one straight in the eyes because gay people are all uncontrollable sexual desire and they might try to mount you if you notice them? Keep your head down…

Michael Paul Maupin

• 03-16-2009 8:51 AM In reply to

All of the research on gay parents indicates that they are, if anything, more likely to provide a stable, loving household for a child. There is only ONE reason, and ONE reason ONLY that this bill is being introduced - the bigotry of its sponsorship and the tenuous hold that its authors are trying to keep on a weakening support for bans on all things gay - marriage, adoption, etc....

In addition, if one is pro-life and posts a bumper sticker on their car reading "Adoption - the loving option", then the prevention of an entire demographic from adopting children is only contributing to further abortions. (I am pro-chioce, but I thought I'd mention the contradiction of the bill between the two issues.)

Gary Tapp obviously has the priorities of Kentuckians COMPLETELY out of whack - The families I know that are suffering layoffs, limited budgets, and feeding their families could care LESS about this issue. They care about finding work, keeping their children clothed and fed, keeping criminals off the streets, and paying their mortgages.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)