Kentucky Votes Forum

Discuss issues, ideas and legislation related to the Blue Grass State.
Welcome to Kentucky Votes Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
Latest post 05-29-2009 10:46 AM by tool_man. 53 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2009 8:11 AM In reply to

Re: Illegal immigrants need serial numbers!

Not only do they need #'s to ID them they need to pay income taxs from there very 1st check just like american born citizens do. and not this 5 year pass on taxes. We never got a pass and this is our country. 

• 01-21-2009 7:16 PM In reply to

Re: 2008 House Bill 715 (Require serial numbers on every bullet)

This proposed legislation is insane.  Number 1 is that it won't work.  We can't stop illegal drugs in this country and we won't be able to do this either. This will just create another way for criminals to make money.  Stopping people from using weapons to commit crimes is a great goal but this isn't the way.  We have all kinds of laws on the books now that we can't enforce.  All this law would do is satisfy some politican that they have done something, regardless of how misguided.   Society can't deal with the real problems as long as they are focusing on the wrong solutions.  This solution would only hurt gun owners who legally own and shoot their firearms.

• 01-30-2009 3:03 PM In reply to

Rep. Kathy W Stein,
    I think we all know that the Ammunition Encoding will do nothing to stop criminals.  If criminals followed laws, they would not be criminals in the first place.  Theft of legally purchased encoded ammunition will skyrocket (oh boy, yet another thing that criminals will be forced to steal.) 

I have an idea; why doesn’t the Government give the underprivileged criminals their own encoded ammunition so they can be tracked and leave the law-abiding citizens to purchase, reload and shoot regular ammunition.

Or better yet; if you don’t pass the background check to own a firearm, you are only allowed to purchase encoded ammo.  If you do legally own a firearm, you qualify to purchase regular ammo.

We all know that this bill is just another road block designed to sabotage gun owners.  Quit punishing law-abiding citizens and making up fancy laws that mean to squash our second amendment rights.  Free is free.  You can’t have it both ways.  If I can kill my unborn baby, then I should be able to own & carry a firearm.

• 03-06-2009 10:56 PM In reply to

House bill 715 ......  to coin an old saying (Bad things happen while good men sleep.) Well this bill is just that. We have "LAWS" up to our belts that would take care of all the bad people that would use a gun, if they where enforced ! Wake up, what are you doing? This bill will not help an honest tax payer. The people in Kentucky don't need a new "BILL" like this, we need the laws we have in effect to be put to use as they where intended. We have people in our prisons drawing social security. The death penalty is to say in 10 or 20 years maybe. Then you tell an honest home owner he can not protect himself without the fear of death from both sides. You folks need to get a grip on the facts. Spend this money to teach an illegal alien to speak english.(or IS english our national language?)

• 03-07-2009 10:47 AM In reply to

Quietriot here....you have made a very good point Anonymous . We do need to know who was behind this bill. It would be nice to be able to get them into the light.

• 03-16-2009 1:25 PM In reply to

All the more reason we need TRANSPARENCY in our Kentucky State and local Governments.  The way things are now....you can't tell who's doin' what.  Nobody is accountable for anything....this is true from Federal all the way down the line.  We elect these people to serve.....they work for us.  This bill is just another example of energy spent in the wrong direction.  There are many other issues to work on than gun regulation.  Wake up !!

• 03-28-2009 8:11 PM In reply to

• cybot
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2009
    • Posts 1

If firearms where not allowed in the city limits period .  If owners would move to the country to own them   And anyone caught with one in the city limits with a gun or ammo gets a  automatic 10 years we wouldn't have the broblems we have now I have loaded ammo for 25 years and most of the bullets i load breakup to much to read a serial number off them and most reloaders pickup there empty casings to reload again.Some casing can be loaded 20 or more times some casing like.308 can be necked down to fire in .243 cal and .223 can be necked down to .222 cal The idea that they have will not work because there is to much old brass out there and anybody that can use a reloading press can take a new shell apart and load it into a old casing  and the criminals will catch on sooner or later

• 05-10-2009 11:48 PM In reply to

cybot:

If firearms where not allowed in the city limits period .  If owners would move to the country to own them   And anyone caught with one in the city limits with a gun or ammo gets a  automatic 10 years we wouldn't have the broblems we have now I have loaded ammo for 25 years and most of the bullets i load breakup to much to read a serial number off them and most reloaders pickup there empty casings to reload again.Some casing can be loaded 20 or more times some casing like.308 can be necked down to fire in .243 cal and .223 can be necked down to .222 cal The idea that they have will not work because there is to much old brass out there and anybody that can use a reloading press can take a new shell apart and load it into a old casing  and the criminals will catch on sooner or later

Talk about violating the 2nd amendment, the idea of banning guns in a city is totally ludicrous.  It's been tried and failed.  The SCOTUS found the idea unconstitutional in DC and the Sullivan law works so great in New York. BTW - The Sullivan law will not pass constitution muster now because of the precedent set in the DC case.

• 05-29-2009 10:46 AM In reply to

Serial numbers on bullets?Thats just stupid.Will I be required to etch a serial number on every bullet I cast?Will gas checks for cast bullets have a serial number?Just sounds like it will be a nightmare to implement and cost the taxpayers a bundle in a time when we should be looking for ways to cut government spending.

Page 4 of 4 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4